Discuss ideal classic nf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokecity

Gas Engineer
What do you do about FGA on a boiler like the ldeal classic nf where there is no test point and you cant get to the terminal? MI do not state FGA is required so is there no need?

I dont understand the reason why not to use a fga on a cast iron heat exchanger, I have come across many boilers over the years with knackered burners / flues which looked fine
on initial inspection.

I had an 15 year old Classic a month or so ago that sent my analyser of the scale, burner pressure and gas rate were spot on.

Client saw what was happening and decided straight away to have a new boiler rather than start messing about with it.

If you have the equipment surely you would use it?

B Gas developed the machines when floor standing boilers and netaheats were nearly 70% of the market.

When I did my training on the analysers (around 1996) we were even taught how to use them on back boilers.

If you cant get to the terminal then dont worry about it. I personally use mine on every boiler that I can, but if there is no access to be able to do so and no requirement to do so then I wont lose any sleep over not being able to do it.

As kev above it is good practice to FGA it, but not a requirement. If flue is accessible I always FGA. Why not?
Give it a good scrub clean inside. Job done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal classic nf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back