Discuss Ideal Classic fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Foodface

Got called out to look at a boiler that is cutting out intermittently, the boiler always comes on in the morning and is usually set for 18 c in daytime. The problem usually occurs when the customer is calling for more heat at nighttime as they turn it up to 21 c but then the boiler cuts out and does not come back in for hours. Initially I was thinking faulty stat or something along those lines, but when I inspected the boiler I noticed two things.

1. The fans propellers are missing
2. When the boiler is cut of it won't try to go through the inanition process even after reset, but when you tap the control box that houses the gas valve it kicks in, fan runs and hey presto the boiler fires up.

The fan appears to be working OK apart from the missing blades and it has continuity through it, but am torn between a fault on the gas valve or fan fault as maybe the lack of propeller blades is causing it not to run adequately.

What does everyone else think.

Thanks

Foodface.

you wont get any info on this, if you are gsr pm redsaw or gas man your gsr info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Classic fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello , I have an Ideal Classic boiler ff350 which runs for 10 mins before the boiler cuts out. The circ pump keeps running at this time. The Pump...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
D
Recently noticed a gas smell coming from my ideal classic RS50 boiler. Cadent have been out and confirmed a small leak and capped off the gas. The...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I...
Replies
Views
Ideal Logic Heat 15 System Boiler Hi. Just started to get an F3 Fan Fault on this boiler. On power up there seems to be a quiet thump from...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock