Search the forum,

Discuss How to replace seating washer on Hardie Bathroom products cistern in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
I am in Australia and I have noticed a leak from my cistern into my toilet bowl.
Upon investigation I have surmised that this is due to a failing washer. The washer appears to be disintegrating as there are many small black pieces of rubber in the cistern and it flakes easily when touched.
I have a Hardie Bathroom Products cistern attached to a fowler toilet bowl.

I can see where the washer is but I cannot seem to get access to it. I cannot seem to remove the piece which connects to the flush mechanism.
The attached photos show the piece I am unable to remove.

Any advice on how to remove this piece so that I can get access to the washer and replace it is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20200128_203549.jpg
    20200128_203549.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200128_203604.jpg
    20200128_203604.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200128_203620.jpg
    20200128_203620.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200128_203653.jpg
    20200128_203653.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200128_204232.jpg
    20200128_204232.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 39
The most likely reason water is running in to the pan is the seal on the bottom of picture 5. This can be purchased separately. Good luck

It is normally the bigger black washer at the bottom of the flush valve that degrades.
Sometimes it is easier to replace the valve leaving the part in the bottom of the cistern in place. Blocks placed in cisterns to colour the water and clean attack rubber.

Reply to How to replace seating washer on Hardie Bathroom products cistern in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock