Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss How to replace a shuttle diverted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JimW

Hi,

I have an old antique looking bath mixer with shower head attached. The washers on the cam and shuttle diverter need replacing but I can't see how to get the shuttle out. The spout and the joint for the shower both don't seem to have an obvious thread to be able to unscrew them so I am not sure if they are welded onto the main body.

Surely it should be possible to replace the washers somehow.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Jim

Proberly pressed in at factory, if you know make of tap that may help, but could be looking at a replacement tap.

Thanks for the feedback. I will have to see if I can find out what make it is. Seems a shame to replace a whole tap for a couple of washers.

welcome along.

if you can put some photos on here maybe get some more pointers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to replace a shuttle diverted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock