Discuss How to quote! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, he has his own reg. he just does all my bosses install work, my boss will only do servicing and boiler repairs.

i have my own pl at 2 million , I'm self employed.

My boss said its fine as ill learn my lesson to just do other peoples work.

frankly he totally dismisses my abilities, he just wants me to do the labouring + running materials about.

ive put up with ....bad circumstances in every way to get qualified, I'm lucky my parents have supported me so much.
In a nutshell he can gripe about it if i do well and laugh if it goes badly.
ive worked weekend and evenings to get the experience I've needed

I will be charging mark up , wages +profit!

Destroyer my work mate subcontracts to my boss to do all his installs and swaps.
im taking less money for myself to have him there as ive worked for 3 years for this and im not chancing it at all!

not quite a have a go hero ;)

Sounds like you have thought well and truly about how this job will go and that's all of us can ever do when things go wrong and they usually do at some point the best thing to do is not stress about it and just keep going. Having seen your other post's you will be fine as said allow a bit on the price for unexpected.

Sounds like you have thought well and truly about how this job will go and that's all of us can ever do when things go wrong and they usually do at some point the best thing to do is not stress about it and just keep going. Having seen your other post's you will be fine as said allow a bit on the price for unexpected.

this was just 7 months ago but it seems like an absolute lifetime away!

I don't really worry at all now about this sort of thing.

Tell him you can fix it and charge him more than the last quote and that you only accept cash on completion.

It's his choice but could be a winner for you.

Remember, he who laughs last.

similar situation, quoted £1850 for a combi swap last year, never heard anything back. Got asked to replace a mixer tap today and went to place where I quoted, new boiler and this is what I found :)

IMG_0262.jpgIMG_0261.jpg

and he doesnt seem to understand how a boiler works when you look at his gas rating readouts :)
IMG_0264.jpg

but hey ho I was only £150 cheaper than him, and a builder mate has just gone back to repair the roof where he removed the old vert flue and made good. Seems next time I need to overprice for folks who have helped my daughter out over the last 2 years rather than trying to help them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to quote! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock