Discuss How to quote! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine came out at 6k

hes had two at under 3k (apparently) and the bricky at 8k

Im puzzled how they can do it at that price.

Regardless if he comes back. That's my price. Been a good learning experiance for me, not fussed I didn't get it.

[QUOTE=1king55;497111

pretty sure the jobs as good as mine!

i used to think that on some jobs, not anymore! The customers these days want one thing. Cheap!!!

its partly the reason I hate plumbing these days, I did not go self employed to fit crap boilers, with shoddy pipework to suit... I take great pride in my work, everything has to be immaculate, so when people keep saying I've had a cheaper quote then @@@@ em

I think because I'm young and starting out he was expectinga cheap job which that quote was, just I'm not compramising on the quality of work. I wasn't taking a great deal for myself. Wish I could see what the guy who doing it uses and what it looks like tbh

Don't beat yourself up over it, either he lied about the bricky's price which it wouldn't surprise me if he shaved up to 10% off.

While the bricky may not have the experience he does have access to subbies so a ÂŁ2,000 mark up would sound right.

As a matter of interest what figure did you arrive at for materials?

I think the man may have confused a supply and fit price with an install only price?

Remember you did win regardless of the final result, you gained a lot of valuable experience in how to deal with customers.

Once upon a time I used to send a letter thanking the customer for the opportunity to quote, it did have a few extra lines explaining our maintenance service.

For the spec he wanted the materials and the time frame of 6 days max.

materials after vat at trade price was around 3200, allowed 1700 for labour for another engineer(i needed his gas safe), an apprentice, a carpenter/roofer for one day and some for myself. My mark up allowed another 1100 to play with if i missed something and hey if im having the responsibility for the job i want more than peanuts!

the quote could have been a little cheaper if i had more experience.

see the issue with someone being half my price for the same spec.

im not mad and im happy ive got experiance from this.
ive won both ways.

next time i will be more prepared and better equipped.

I thought i would bump this.

my friends just texted over some details for installing a boiler as he's only a plumber and would need me there with him .
customer has brought a ferroli modena?
Noticed the name and address and sure enough its this chaps place.
so i gave russ a ring.

Previous biasi boiler has fallen off the wall!
the installer who beat me on price, who is no where to be found.
said biasi boilers have the same stuff as a worcester in them.
had another guy go round and cut the gas off.

gas pipe is in tracpipe (saving grace as it didn't leak)
all plastic piping directly off of the boiler
all surface mounted and ugly as hell.

told him not to bother with the bloke.

best bit is, the boiler is lpg

bet hes wishing he'd used me right around now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to quote! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock