Discuss How to quote! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks mate ! sounded a bit snotty when i said thanks anyway ! just realised ! sorry mate

Thanks guys !!
I wont be having my boss on any of my jobs if i can help it.
His charges would price me out of the job straight away.

plus hes useless at piping anything up!
The other apprentice is faster and far cheaper!
And my workmate will be there the whole time as i dont have my acs awarded yet (i have done it)

Actually a lot to be learned from that post if you read it again.

As your boss I take it you have served some of your time with him, so he could get top prices is that not a skill in itself?

Plus you are already working against yourself assuming the customer would not pay a good price (from our side) without sounding him out.

Elsewhere you state he has a price of ÂŁ8,000, he didn't dismiss the figure so don't try to impress by going in at something too low.

My boss is well established and sadly I'm just starting out.
he can happily turn work away if he doesn't feel he can earn enough money out of it.

Maybe i can be that way one day but not yet.

its not an issue with the customer paying a good price.
the issues how much my boss would charge me for him to be there.
ill pm you the cost!

my quote doesn't come out a great deal below it but its what the customer wants.
the bricky come plumber/gas engineer wouldn't put the boiler in the airing cupboard but i don't mind doing it.

My girlfriends dad charges ÂŁ120 a day to friends an family ! Charges about ÂŁ260 a day normally for him and a labourer he pays ÂŁ30 a day ! He has works months in advance ! Can happily turrn work away ! I cpuld go againest him and be ÂŁ1k less than him i still would prob lose out ! You could have work with a year waiting list for customers and still not make a living !

Moral of the story ! Dont price yourself to low or you will forever be chasing for work ! Set your price and dont budge !

Sent the quote. The jobs straight forward and ive covered myself in every aspect i can think of.

Well ill be posting up if i get it!

Sent the quote. The jobs straight forward and ive covered myself in every aspect i can think of.

Well ill be posting up if i get it!

It's OK to keep posting even if you don't get the job, lost one myself way back when I was starting out, not so sure it was my fault thought I think the customer wanted something called value for money :)

However if you do get the job it's your round and I think there will be a lot of double brandy's (and similar) :)

Best of luck with it.

I got my reply!
a big fat no!
Apparently twice the price as two other quotes he got.
apparently the same spec.......just seems fishy as the materials are over half the price.

either they will be working for free or not doing it to the spec hes asked, im afraid hes going to get burned but hey, not my problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to quote! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, my name is Michael and I am 18. I have my level 2 and 3 qualifications in plumbing and I also have a full driving licence I cant find...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, I've been getting some plumbing quotes for an en suite project for my home (based in the east of England), and wanted to find out...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
C
I got my regular annual boiler service for my Vaillant ecoTek 930 about a month ago, and the engineer identified that the AAV was leaking, so he...
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock