Discuss How to quote! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
note all requirements and measurements for boiler, controls, flue, condense and gas.
Be Calm and knowledgeable when describing the work to be done and all should go well.

Go away take your time and price it all up, don't give a rough figure.

Didnt give a rough quote as im far far far to inexperianced!
nipped the little jobs in the bud and stated that will be on the quote for the first fix for kitchin :)
Hes agreed to material costs up frount.
im keeping all scrap.
noted everything i need, will have a better work out tomorrow too.
was even lucky enough to get a scale copy of the house plans!

Will do the heatlosses and sizing tomorrow.

pretty sure the jobs as good as mine!

his neighbour from across the road also quoted him. (8 grand)
this was him alone for 3 days..........
alarm bells rang when the customer was confused as he said can only install combis to new systems, cant install boilers in lofts at all and in new heating systems you cant use copper......has to be plastic!!

He changed his career 6 months ago....... Bricklayer to gas engineer..thats a new one!

Thanks everyone!! Been a great help

he said can only install combis to new systems, cant install boilers in lofts at all and in new heating systems you cant use copper......has to be plastic!!

He changed his career 6 months ago....... Bricklayer to gas engineer

That quote needs framing ^

Tempted to ask the bloke for a copy as a benchmark to look and think" yup it was worth doing an apprenticeship"

The customer did say in the event someone else does the work the neighbour wants to inspect it! That will be highly amusing.

Tempted to ask the bloke for a copy as a benchmark to look and think" yup it was worth doing an apprenticeship"

The customer did say in the event someone else does the work the neighbour wants to inspect it! That will be highly amusing.

Why, what's it got to do with him? We talking about the bricky here?

Yup the bricky come plumber/gas engineer.

I guess he's being nosey or trying to look out for his new neighbour from across the road however after telling the customer than bull he sounds like a complete tool!

Oh my i'm struggling here!

have list of all my materials and such
labour blah blah but i have no idea how to put it into a quote to give to the customer!
could someone send me a sample one of theirs?

Pulling my hair out with worry now.

What's your email address?

I use an excel spreadsheet to show materials & labour charges then usually provide a brief cover letter that I also use as a works schedule giving an outline of work to be carried out!

To put to supply and fit combi boiler of blah blah spec consisting of 11 rads pr whatever ! Then list chemicals and magna clean ! Then labour !

State all rads will have trvs if you want and say lagging will be applied to pipes! And equipotentiol bonding supplied.

Its upto you if you want to go into detail you dont have to !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to quote! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock