Discuss How to move bath tub drain pipe in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. We’re renovating a bathroom and have found the new bath tub drain needs to be closer to the wall than the current drain is. Tub drain fits left to right but the new drain is about two inches closer to the wall than the old tub. Have attached pic of the current drain. Looking for suggestions - aside from calling a plumber - as we’ve exhausted our plumbing budget on new boiler and radiators. Am I best shortening the pipe between the elbow and the pipe along the wall or cutting out part of the wall pipe and putting in a T joint with new pipe directly to P trap? Any advice simplified for a DIYer would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• original_pipes.jpg
    original_pipes.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
It all depends, you might be able to swap the trap, but yes you could shorten the pipe using a coupling in between, or you could add the tee and change existing for a coupling.

Reply to How to move bath tub drain pipe in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards...
Replies
Views
I want to remove my downstairs toilet sink and put a new more compact one on the adjacent wall. However there are two ring drain cocks at the...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock