Search the forum,

Discuss How to Manual Flush Through Cleanser from Central Heating Prior to Adding Inhibitor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

colmax

Newbie question I realise! What is the best way for me to manually flush the cleanser out of my central heating (open Vented) prior to dosing with inhibitor?? Do I close all but one radiator at a time and run water from FE until that single radiator is running cleanly and then move onto the next and so on until completed??

Many thanks to all.

Re: How to Manual Flush Through Cleanser from Central Heating Prior to Adding Inhibit

Drain from all drain off points, re fill system then drain from all points again

Re: How to Manual Flush Through Cleanser from Central Heating Prior to Adding Inhibit

Drain from all drain off points, re fill system then drain from all points again

As simple as that - sincere thanks Alex

Hi Alex - I'm still letting Sentinel X400 clean the system (will let it run for 4 weeks) before I drain down and refill, flush etc. You mention 'Drain from all drain points' - I have a question on this. I see that I have two drain points - first one is the lowest point one and is outside of house. The other is a drain point at the top of boiler at base of return flow to boiler. I take it I need to also drain down from here?? Is this to clean out the radiator loop and also the hot water loop???

Many thanks.

Hi Alex - I'm still letting Sentinel X400 clean the system (will let it run for 4 weeks) before I drain down and refill, flush etc. You mention 'Drain from all drain points' - I have a question on this. I see that I have two drain points - first one is the lowest point one and is outside of house. The other is a drain point at the top of boiler at base of return flow to boiler. I take it I need to also drain down from here?? Is this to clean out the radiator loop and also the hot water loop???

Many thanks.

that would be best (to make sure all the muck is out)

Many thanks ShaunCorbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to Manual Flush Through Cleanser from Central Heating Prior to Adding Inhibitor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock