Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss How to fit Pressalit Magnum Toilet Seat Hinge Clamp Bushes A7222 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I need to replace the Pressalit Magnum Toilet Seat Hinge Clamp Bushes A7222 on our toilet seat. I have successfully removed the first of the old bushes but cannot manage to insert the new one. I have tried lubricating it with washing up liquid but with no success. I would appreciate it if anyone has experience on how this is best achieved.
Mike

A7222 bushes.jpg

Looking at the tapered end being somewhat larger than the main body I would say with a small mallet.

Thanks for the thought. I tried tapping it in but being plastic it starts to deform the body section rather than slip into place.

Maybe watch the mounting video (I haven`t).

Last edited:
Thanks. 23 videos but not one showing how to fit A7222 bushes. Searching the internet it would appear that these bushes are fitted to a number of different Pressalit seats but nowhere does there appear to be instructions for fitting them. I have tried warming the bush to soften the plastic but that didn't work.

I had another look at one of the Pressalit videos which was not the same hinges but similar to what I have. I decided to completely take the hinges apart and reassemble them as if it was a new seat. I am pleased to say that worked.
Thanks rpm and Chuck for your responses.
Mike

Reactions: rpm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to fit Pressalit Magnum Toilet Seat Hinge Clamp Bushes A7222 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock