Search the forum,

Discuss How to drain two washers in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, New here. I have plumbed before but never ran into this situation. I would like to add a second washing machine in our laundry room. Currently, the washing machine drains into a 2" standpipe, which then leads to a 2" drain line and finally to a 2" sewer stack (a secondary stack, not the main one). Can I simply add a second stand pipe and p trap to this 2" drain line (with proper venting of course), or would that over flow the system if both washers were to drain simultaneously? My other option (but not preferred if option 1 works), would be to add a second 2" drain line that the second washer connects to that will then lead to the 2" stack. Would that option work if option 1 does not? The 2" stack currently has a bathroom sink, kitchen sink, and the one washing machine hooked up to it.

Any advice or help would be great!

I have two washing machines with 18 ins stand pipes discharging into a total length of 7 feet of 1&1/4" ID pipe, I measured the flow rate years ago at 15 LPM/machine, and I reckon that this only needs a head of approx 1 inch in the stand pipes with the two machines discharging together. Assuming that you can allow a head of 12 ins of water in the stand pipes then 30 feet of 2 ins pipe should drain at a rate of ~ 120 LPM so that leaves you with ~ 90 LPM to play around with even with your two machines discharging together.

Reply to How to drain two washers in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey All-- New here as this is something I have not had to do on this scale before. I am renovating our laundry room, which currently only has the hookups for the washing machine box, but I want to add a sink as well. So I need some help with running the drain pipe mostly to make sure it is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking to install a standpipe to drain the water from the washer. I took a picture of the current set up and my plan. I was wondering if this was correct or if there is a better way. Sink-> ABS P Trap -> Tee (1.5 in x 2 in x 1.5 in) facing up -> elbow -> pipe to stack 2 in standpipe...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Could use some valued help redoing a stack to accommodate a washer and utility sink. The plan is to have the washer, then the dryer , then the utility sink all to the left of the stack. I believe the previous owner move the builder intended spot to make a bedroom, which I am...
Replies
Views
Hi guys first post. I am in the process of rejuvenating a double wash sink. It was needing the waste below looked at for a washing machine and dryer, as it had a sunken elbow and unbeknownst it was a mix of 1 1/4 and 1 1/2, including the sink wastes themselves. I bought new matching 1 1/2...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock