Discuss How to connect Flexi Hose to an Isolating Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jimnibob

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if a metal Flexi Hoses exists that can be connected to a 15mm isolating valve and if so what exactly do I need to buy.

Thanks

hi jimnobob you could get a flexi with integral isolator like this
85178.jpg

from toolstation and other retailers

Flexi Hose ½" x ½" x 300mm BX10FPFP30S | Compression Hoses | NoLinkingToThis
you can get flexis with two female ends,

Or use a rad tail into the iso. Gives a nice flat connection.

You could simply just pipe out of the isolating valves & use 1/2" x 15mm male straights.
This means you will have a proper flat face to go against your flexi flat washer. (Or male bends sometimes useful)
Handy also that you fit the isolating valves where best, - like centred below the shelf of a sink unit & the male fittings up at end of flexis.
Or avoid using flexis & use copper tails if possible. :smile:

Last edited:
Best job is what steveb said, just get rid of existing iso valve.. if you go down the female either end route, dont over tighten them ( hand tight with a quarter turn of spanner) because the rubber washer can squish inside the tapered internal part of your existing ballofix and leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to connect Flexi Hose to an Isolating Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock