Search the forum,

Discuss How to connect 4 burner hob to gas supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right forum so if not please delete-

So I’ve just purchased a gas hob and wondering if I can just use a gas hose to connect it up or does it need to be done by copper pipe work? Any help would be great!

Pay best part of a grand become gas Safe registered and you shall know.

It needs to be done by a Gassafe registered person.
I’d always get a gas man to do it all but just wondering how they’d do it and also a rough price. I connected my cooker and it was just a simple bayonet hose. Heard gas hobs have to be connected by pipe work ??

Check all clearances are met
Fit hob and Hard pipe
Test meter and gas pipework for leaks
Gas rate
Check safety devices
Check it's burning correctly
Check other gas appliances
You are now responsible as the last person to work on gas at the property

Not bad for under £100

Last edited:
Yes without quoting the obvious its more the safety aspect , secondhand appliances do not fill us with confidence either .

Well it was still in the box and the receipt says it’s 2 months old. So £50 for the hob and probably over £100 for installation!!!

Well it was still in the box and the receipt says it’s 2 months old. So £50 for the hob and probably over £100 for installation!!!

Still cheap that mate . Scotts post above says it all , hes dead right .

I wouldn’t. I connected my old cooker because it was such a simple job but sounds like the hob will be more difficult.

You shouldn't of

Thread closed get a gsr engy to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to connect 4 burner hob to gas supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Im fitting a kitchen in my own house . When removing the gas oven on a bayonet fitting and turned the gas hob off and removed a four burner gas...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m changing my kitchen and swapping from a gas hob to an electric induction hob. Rest assured, I have no intention of doing any work at all...
Replies
Views
Our House is now fully Heat Pumped, insulated and we have had the Gas Meter Removed. We have a 1950s foldaway Cannon Gas Grill which is on the...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 22mm hot and cold water supply to new bath. The pipes finish with compression valves. I need a 500 mm tap connector hose to connect...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock