Search the forum,

Discuss How to advertise and get loads of customers ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

Hello all,

I am new here since today just because I am seeking for some answers from plumbers around UK.

I am German plumber live in East London for almost 4 years now. I have got 12 years plumbing skills in Germany and 4 years UK.

I am skilled in following : central heating, power flush, vented and unvented systems, underfloor heating solar, installing and repairing boilers.

I would like to start kicking off my Owen company therefore I have got few question about advertising and getting customers.

Inwas as plumbing for years in different companies but decided it's a waste of time and skills. I am quite certain I can run my Owen company and getting better payed.

The he final question is how can start and kick off my company to get work in ?

i have been registered on server websites but they do not bring anything good. I drive around and dropping leaflets , business cards and trying to get in touch with some estate agents but it is not easy at all.

how can I get more customers and work in especially when it's getting colder ?

I have got NVQ level 3 and on about to be gas safe registered. It's just the final exam to go.

my type of work is always clean , tidy , efficient and in polite form towards customers.

I would appreciate to get any kind of help from you all.
Also too people asking here for land lord gas safeties 40£ which is in my opinion a ridiculous price what do you think ?

I hope hope you can help me with some advises how to kick it of and to get more customers.

Thanks a lot lot to all

regards,

ronny

I've always said that word of mouth is the best but it's no use at the start of a business but in this day n age sites like Facebook do great advertising campaigns which u can choose your target audience. Newspapers can be costly so adverts in local shop windows; handing out business cards. These are the cheap ways of drumming up trade. Put your business card into BnQ stores bill boards.

I charge double that for a cp12

Hello kris,

Thank you very much for your fast responds.

The cheap ways I am already doing at the moment but what do you mean by Facebook to create another account just for plumbing ?

What's a bit more cost effective in that case as I am not saving money just because it will cost. What sort of opportunity I have got to advertise myself with money ? Where and what do you think would be best option ?

Yeah open a business page where you can use it to advertise. You choose exactly where the advert goes. It can be costly over long periods but everyone uses Facebook so it's worth a go. You pay per day the ad runs and choose how long it runs

It's a nice idea with FB but the issue is I do not have friends here in London as I am just working and spending time with my family. Therefore it's hard to open an account which is not really useful especially if I don't have friends or plumber friends here .

But I do understand what you talking about I totally agree with that. In East London the people they do not want to pay money at all they think everything is for free. Everybody expects things cheap like certificates 40£ even then they will tell you it's to expensive. The last few days I dropped around 1000 leaflets but with no result so far.

I actually thought at least 1 big job will come up but I have to say it didn't.

I have previous month a refurb going on this was a good job had few ppl working for me but since the. Nothing.

I just do not like working on big sites which doesn't bring money at all I really want to kick something off.

It's just the question how ?

It can't be hard because in London live so many ppl millions of millions ppl so there must be some jobs out for me too.

But I am not giving up I will go out again and try to drop more leaflets.

Thanks for your help buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to advertise and get loads of customers ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock