Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss How to add x400 to sealed system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mrast

Brought 1l bottle of the afore mentioned and have all morn been trying to figure out a way of getting the stuff into a damn rad!!??
Want to put it in the bathroom rad. Have drained it down and took out the whole bung on oppo end to the bleed valve.

Have tried hoses, pipes, a ferinox tube thingy wedged intonthe bleed valve with nipple removed but whatever i I use just results in the liquid being forced back out and dribbling all over the floor!

It's an older single rad and the opening is through the bung (removed) down and then 90 degree left

Have gotten rather annoyed this morning and either the wife or the cats are going to pay for it!!! :)

Pls help me

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
have you removed both top plugs and drained the rad? if not theres your problem,basics are rad must be empty and when pouring the liquid in air must be let in

as above if you havent released the other end you will always get force back

Yes both plugs were out and the radiator drained with lsv and trv both shut.

I didn't drain the whole system though just enough for upstairs to be empty. Cud this b an issue?

Wud 1 of these help?

Screw fix pn 98940

I used to struggle with this but one day I had a think. (Bit smoky in the house after my thought...)

I turn off lockshield and TRV valves and drain a guessed two litres of water (with a wet vacuum but you might use a different method). Then remove blank plug opposite bleed valve. Attach isolation valve (or similar) and small piece of 15mm pipe which has a 90 degree bend in it. I put a funnel in this and tighten pipe to isolation valve (it's usually near enough water tight but a few drips don't matter). Then open air bleed so when liquid is poured in air can escape.

Then pour fernox or whatever into radiator quite slowly.

Remove pipe, replace blank plug, close air bleed, open TRV and lockshield and bleed as necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to add x400 to sealed system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock