Discuss How much to charge for boiler repairs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm too soft, that's what i have to work on TBH :shame:.
I hate asking for money :(

Don't feel bad asking for money if it's an honest job it's worth an honest price. £20 is reserved for the vulnerable old girl that just needed the overheat reset system charged and rads bled if she made a cuppa then it was on the house.

I'd say nearly everyone s/e'd has had the how much do i charge thing and what Simon said is quite true.

At one time i would go to a job with an idea of how much it was going to be.
Hit an awkward bit or take the skin off your knuckles and the price went up.
PITA to work for the price went up.
It is raining when you go to the van, the price went up.
Tthe wife phones and is in a mood, the price went up.
Cup of tea and some nice biscuits, it dropped a bit.
Nice people, dropped a bit
Feel sorry for them, dropped a bit
Until it finaly comes to asking for the money.
How much is that son?
Eh just give me £200 (you just dropped it another £20 there)
Is that all?
Aye, plus vat.

I learned as most of us do. Now i couldn't care less. The price is the price like it or lump it.
Except really old pensioners........i wish they would stop phoning me :smile:

£50 an hour. If they don't like it don't work for them, find better customers. You need to make ends meet not run a charity for a greedy estate agent. In fact tell him boiler work will be charged at 3% of the property's value see how they like it!

Alba, if a customer makes you a nice big hot cup of tea which takes you 10 minutes to drink; it actually cost the customer around £8.33 for the privilege of make you that cuppa.:smiley2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How much to charge for boiler repairs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock