Discuss How much to change a ballcock! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a client of mine in my village today to sort out a small leak. While there the lady told me a few weeks ago she came back from holiday and the cold water tank overflow was running. She couldn't find my number (she looked under 'P' for plumber but she had filed me under 'B' for Brown) so she called somebody from the yellow pages. A polish guy arrived, being an old house with dormer bedrooms the loft space is very restricted and he had to take out the F&E tank to get to the cold water tank. Once he had done that he went off for an hour to get a ballcock. Came back and fitted it and refitted the F&E tank. He was there less than 4 hours, bill £400. I said I would have to work for 3 days to charge her that sort of money.

Look on it as an incentive for her to make a better effort to find your number next time.

In a similar vein, had a guy phone me yesterday, needed a new ballvalve on an f and e tank. Told ME that it was only a ten minute job, worth the princley sum of £8. Asked where he got that price from. He said well I would expect to pay no more than £48 an hour, divided by six, equals £8.

I wont repeat what I told him to go and do!!!

In a similar vein, had a guy phone me yesterday, needed a new ballvalve on an f and e tank. Told ME that it was only a ten minute job, worth the princley sum of £8. Asked where he got that price from. He said well I would expect to pay no more than £48 an hour, divided by six, equals £8.

Well that might cover your diesel in the van!

thats the wrong approach, tell him, "ok no prob but im busy and cant make it till 8pm tonight" then when he phones you at 8.05 to ask where you are, tell him you are held up on a big payer as someone offered you a tenner, and you will be there the next day at 7.30am on the way to a big job, keep this up as long as you can, hey we need to get our entertainment somewhere

Someone phoned today to ask for a price of a gas disconnection cap off and reciept/cert to say work had been done. Told her 45 pound, no chance she replied ok no probs bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How much to change a ballcock! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock