Discuss How much gas evidence needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bil123

Hi guys I was hoping you guys can help me . I am starting with a gas safe engineer to get my evidence to sit my acs ccn1. My question is how many hours of on site work is required to sit the exam ? I.e how much evidence does bpec require? Thanks guys for your time in advance .

Look through the Bpec foundation portfolio book you will get from your training provider so that you can an it all out, if you don't have the book get it before you start as there are blank sheets in it so you know what info is required
You can also look on Bpec website for Category 2 end 3 info

Get as many as you can under your belt. 75 plus days on boilers 30 plus days cookers 30 days plus on fires, more if you can. this would be a good target, but I think you may actually need less. If you have trained as a plumber it will be half that
Really study chimney standards and ventilation requirements.

Last edited:
Get as many as you can under your belt. 75 plus days on boilers 30 plus days cookers 30 days plus on fires, more if you can. this would be a good target, but I think you may actually need less. If you have trained as a plumber it will be half that

Your advice of as many as possible is good advice, however in the real world the best way to get th equal is to keep the portfolio to CCN1 and CENWAT, which means you only need to do the boiler days, you then sit and pass the exams, and as a qualified you can then do CKR and HTR as a CAT 1 with no portfolio, care still needs to be taken after that as we all know the qual is only a bit of paper it's experience that counts.

I'm currently doing my portfolio which requires 13 jobs which I believe is all that is required alongside my C&G 6129 and NVQ2 to gain "the bit of paper" . I will however be getting more than that with my mentor before I feel confident on my own. Then it really is ALL down to you!

30 days on fires!
34 years and I bet I haven't done 30 days on fires. Bet I've fitted less than 10 in the last five years.

30 days on fires!
34 years and I bet I haven't done 30 days on fires. Bet I've fitted less than 10 in the last five years.

Quite often when I'm reassessing guys they say the last time they did a spillage test on a fire was 5 years ago on the same fire in the assessment room

Hi guys thanks for all your help , I am starting my placement on Monday so I can't wait to get stuck in, I'm hopeing to work for 3 months then apply for my training course .so if everything goes to plan I'm hopeing to sit my ccn1 some time in the summer after I feel ready . I'm just reading loads on gas safety and regs at the moment to try to get it to stick in my head. What books would people recommend to learn as I have not got a training book yet , I v bought the r.d Trealor second addition which is quiet good and herd about the viper but it's to expensive ?

Hi guys thanks for all your help , I am starting my placement on Monday so I can't wait to get stuck in, I'm hopeing to work for 3 months then apply for my training course .so if everything goes to plan I'm hopeing to sit my ccn1 some time in the summer after I feel ready . I'm just reading loads on gas safety and regs at the moment to try to get it to stick in my head. What books would people recommend to learn as I have not got a training book yet , I v bought the r.d Trealor second addition which is quiet good and herd about the viper but it's to expensive ?

Get the book you will use at he training place, if you have decided where you are going to train ask them if you can pay a deposit to book the course and ask for your book, as you will get one when you start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How much gas evidence needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock