Discuss How many radiators off a 22mm flow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Oversize rads and pipes to allow for future heat sources, with higher flows at lower temps.
Whereas I would normally agree with you have a look at his loads above. He’s around 38KW. Unless massive insulation upgrades are made I wouldn’t even consider a heat pump just yet.

Whereas I would normally agree with you have a look at his loads above. He’s around 38KW. Unless massive insulation upgrades are made I wouldn’t even consider a heat pump just yet.
Heat pump? I’m lost sorry 😢

Currently the pipework under the floor has a hessian type insulation, this is being replaced with 20mm walled insulation

Heat pump? I’m lost sorry 😢

Currently the pipework under the floor has a hessian type insulation, this is being replaced with 20mm walled insulation
That was a response to someone else’s comment about sizing radiators for low temperature systems. A heat pump is a low temperature system but that doesn’t mean a gas boiler can’t be either. My point was with your loads at around 38KW a heat pump is not a viable option and you could size the radiators for low temperature on gas boilers but these radiators would be much, much bigger. Finding a reference room to size the radiators in your case would be tricky.
I would ignore that comment and this as it was a response to someone else’s proposed option.

That was a response to someone else’s comment about sizing radiators for low temperature systems. A heat pump is a low temperature system but that doesn’t mean a gas boiler can’t be either. My point was with your loads at around 38KW a heat pump is not a viable option and you could size the radiators for low temperature on gas boilers but these radiators would be much, much bigger. Finding a reference room to size the radiators in your case would be tricky.
I would ignore that comment and this as it was a response to someone else’s proposed option.
Thank you

22mm will be on the boarder of doing it around 1.1ms

Reply to How many radiators off a 22mm flow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock