Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss How many holes do you get? in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. jaydebruyne

jaydebruyne Plumber GSR

how many holes (roughly) you get from a 5" diamond core bit? Mines an erbauer from screwfix.

2. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

Suppose it depends on whether you're cutting Engineering brick or breeze Block

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Normally if there cheap 10-15 but as last said if you have a few hard ones will shorten it to manybe 5-10

4. jaydebruyne

jaydebruyne Plumber GSR

That explains it then lol. Took ages to get through 1 brick. Bought a new bit and got through the other one in 10 mins!!

5. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Aye depends what you are cutting. Mine seem to last well, but a lot of sandstone round here and easy cutting.

6. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I have never counted to be fair. But mine is on its last legs now. I think that it is a Marcrist. But I have had it about 3 years. But I have been lucky and cannot actually remember the last time I used it.:D:D

7. jaydebruyne

jaydebruyne Plumber GSR

Yeah I've not counted either but I reckon it's around 10 or so..

8. mfgs

mfgs Plumber GSR

Never rated the erbauer core bits. My last set was a Rothenberger one, which lasted quite well. Had Marcrist as well before which are very good. As for the number of holes, I wouldn't have a clue. But I would estimate at 40+

9. jaydebruyne

jaydebruyne Plumber GSR

Bloomin eck 40 ain't a bad number..

10. Rogerf

Rogerf New Member

Using the right drill makes a big difference, most of my kit is Marita, but core drill is a dewalt , can't fault it.

11. Whale

Whale New Member

iv not counted but id say about 20 if i dont keep drilling though the metal cladding as well

12. jaydebruyne

jaydebruyne Plumber GSR

I've done that before.. spent most of the day getting through that

13. jaydebruyne

jaydebruyne Plumber GSR

My core drill is a Makita, it's done me well. Not a fan of Dewalt. Only Makita tool let e down was a percussion drill. Have sent it for repair twice!

14. Whale

Whale New Member

it's loads of fun shame one hole though metal cladding and all the teeth are worn down

15. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

A good core should do 50+ holes easy aslong as your drilling fairly hard bricks. Alot of soft bricks are very abrasive and wear down your bit very fast, 10 holes on those bricks is good