Search the forum,

Discuss How easy is it to replace a primary pump in a BoilerMate A Class OV? in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

The primary pump in my Boilermate A Class OV, installed in 2007, needs replacing and I was wondering if I could do this myself or need to get someone out to do it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Someone out is the safest way . Kop
Thanks Kop, I have a plumber looking into it for me.

I have a related question, I told Grunfos the pump model and they said it had be preceded with another and gave me the code. I've since asked Gledhill to make sure that this would fit the system and they said I would need to buy a specific model (XB004) to ensure it works with the software on the PCB. This pump is about £55 more expensive than the one that Grunfos gave me. Do you know if I need to make sure the XB004 is installed or will it work with the UPS3 15/65 130? Thanks!

Reply to How easy is it to replace a primary pump in a BoilerMate A Class OV? in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
I'm making my own replacement for a boilermate 2000 controler. I need more electical information on the pump so I can work out how to control the speed on it. does anyone know where I can find detailed electical info for this not just "on off" it looks like the original controler used PWM to...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hi - I’d like to replace my single old 1 sump pump with a combination unit, primary and backup units. I have a whole house generator so a battery backup sump is not needed - reduces maintenance too. Anyone aware of combination sump units where both are powered by AC? Seems there are plenty...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock