Discuss How does one become a fully qualified Plumber? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I've had this question on my mind for quite sometime but I do not know how to answer it which is how does one become a fully qualified Plumber able to practice his trade? I have tried to research this question but to no avail so I was wondering whether someone who is a qualified Plumber would have the courtesy of answering it for me and future readers.

There is no single course that makes you a plumber in the UK. Anyone can say "I am plumber". Most do City and guilds to get in. You'll need a nationally recognised qualification to get insurance. The real barrier to entry is experience. All plumbing systems in all buildings are bespoke,handmade and idiosyncratic.

NVQ for me at night, was at a time where loads of time served guys were having to get recognised qualifications so was great for tips and contacts.

Reply to How does one become a fully qualified Plumber? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I've had this question on my mind for sometime which is how do you become a fully professional Plumber in the UK. I was wondering as to...
Replies
Views
So our water supply comes in through the cellar and then splits in two to feed the kitchen/boiler and bathroom respectively. We just had the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hope you are all well. My name is Henry and I am Dorset based, and looking to get into the Plumbing trade. I will have completed my...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have CH with a system boiler with a header tank and 8mm micro bore pipes to the radiators, fairly standard setup I guess. House is...
Replies
Views
New to the site. I'm a homeowner and I have no knowledge about plumbing, so thought someone else may be able to advise? In the early hours of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock