Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss How do you wire a Google Nest to a Evinox 40-10E HIU (E-ON) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello members,

Does anybody know how to wire a nest heat link to an Evinox HIU?

I know I need to replace the room module/thermostat with the nest controller and supply a 12v connection to the heat link. I also know to supply the heat link with a 240v connection for power from the HIU connection.

Looking at the instructions of the heat link I need to connect call-for-heat (Normally Open), common and satisfied (Normally Closed).

The problem I have is that unlike previous versions of the HIU my one has no obvious connections for the above. I have attached the electrical diagram to the HIU - can anyone decipher it at all?

I hoped I could simply use the wires that went to the thermostat, or would that be 'too easy' ?

Really hoping somebody has done this before.

Many thanks

Matt

Evinox Technical Diagram:
IMG_6061.jpg

Room Module / Thermostat:
Room module thermostat.jpg

What happens when you link 3 and 4 ?

Hi Shaun,
Bit worried about touching cables to test stuff - are you expecting the heating to come on if I did that? and what is the chance this could break something?
Regards
Matt

Reply to How do you wire a Google Nest to a Evinox 40-10E HIU (E-ON) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock