Discuss How do you organise your tools to be more efficient?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fonta

Hello guys,

I'm working in centre of Madrid doing mostly repair work and leak detection. Parking tickets and the number of services can become very stressful. Weight of tools (out and in the van 12 times a day) must be well administered.

How do you organise to eliminate stress and be more efficient? Consider that for each type of material you need different tools and if I need to connect different materials I end up 50 kg of tools (I use a cart :) ). As you well know time is money and carrying a prearranged tool bags I always end up with a lot of tools I don't need for that particular job.

Any suggestions to improve that?
All the best.

see you in the morning joe. 8.30 on site. :24:

Almost forgot to reply on here...
I was there 10 minutes before Kev and stayed 30 minutes longer, although it could be argued that while I was running to plumbfix for a trap Kev pretty much ripped out a whole bathroom on his own.
Anyway I digress... I cut my finger quite badly early doors and Kev refused to kiss it better.

I told him at the time that if he didn't kiss it better I would be telling Croppie, so:

Croppie - Kev didn't magic kiss my booboo today, can you tell him please?

TYVM.

I also use the small kit set up and most of the times it works. I keep them oiled and busy.

I’ll describe my nightmare scenario. Ring 8 times at a door on the 12th floor. Slowly a half deaf retired owner opens the door. After breaking the bathroom floor open - I now have a 1/2 bag to dispose of - I find a leak in a 1/2” lead pipe. Here in Spain we still solder this stuff so that means I cut the part that is bad and replace it with a new one. Forget about clamps, lock led. Nobody uses them they are not cost effective. So I need the lead soldering kit - torch, copper tube, copper transition to pex , crimping tool (Rems and pretty heavy, I normally I do it in pex-al-pex). I now have 3 bags upstairs (the 1/2 bag is already in the van when I brought the repair kit). They are heavy and my aluminium cart is bending and screeching.

So now I rest my big hopes in my new acquisition Veto Pro Pac Open XL where I hope to be able to combine the 2 bags (torch and crimping tool) and Hope to throw some 24” wrenches when need it.

When the bag arrives I post pictures with my new set ups.

One more thing. My BIGGEST problem is the cleaning kit (dustpan and broom) located in my first bag. After a flood in a plaster ceiling It makes all my wrenches a mess and it seems there is no way around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do you organise your tools to be more efficient?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock