Search the forum,

Discuss How deep do you have to chase wall for wall mounted bib taps? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi again

Second belfast sink related question, but different enough from the first to require a new thread...

Our preference is for the sink to be mounted in a corner, and for the pipes to be chased in for wall mounted bib taps. Presumably that means having enough room in the chase for the vertical pipes, 90 degree elbows, and whatever else is needed to connect the pipework to the taps.

Does anyone know how much depth is required for this kind of set up? Before choosing taps etc I want to make sure the wall will be suitable.

Thanks for all the help, it's so useful having forums to address all the unanswered questions that keep popping up!

Cheers

Enough for the backplate elbow to sit flush with the finished wall

Bear in mind you (or a plumber) can pull an offset in the copper tube to allow most of the chase to be shallower than it needs to be directly beneath the bacplate elbow.

Many thanks for the replies.

Is this the sort of thing you mean?

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flomasta-end-feed-adapting-90-wall-plate-elbow-15mm-x/91665

With the end of the threaded section sitting flush to the wall's surface. And the tap then screws into that?

If so:

1. At the pipe end, is a solder or compression joint preferable when chased in?

2. Would you recommended insulating the pipes? Only a length of around 30-40cm of pipe will be chased in per pipe.

Thanks again

Reply to How deep do you have to chase wall for wall mounted bib taps? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock