Search the forum,

Discuss How close can fittings go to a bend. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently bought a decent (Monument) pipe bender which distorts/ovals the pipe only very slightly but enough to make me wary of putting push fit particularly, but also compression fittings, too close to the bend.
So far I've managed to leave a good 6" between bend or "hook mark" (at the fixed end) but wonder if you guys know any definitive rules?

Thanks.

I've recently bought a decent (Monument) pipe bender which distorts/ovals the pipe only very slightly but enough to make me wary of putting push fit particularly, but also compression fittings, too close to the bend.
So far I've managed to leave a good 6" between bend or "hook mark" (at the fixed end) but wonder if you guys know any definitive rules?

Thanks.

If there's a need - close as possible, you are the Boss.

I've had hardly any visible ovality or rippling beyond the bend and no leaks so far. (I used a soldered elbow when close) I'm just ultra careful and wondered if there would be a small amount which would be enough to be more than a fitting would take.

if you have bought a bender and are using pushfits, i would just sell the bender and use elbows!!!

or did i miss something?

if its to close then wouldn't you just be using an elbow instead of a pulled bend?.:ihih:

Normally when you pull a bend there's a ridge at the end of the "stretched" bit, cut a fittings length back from there and your safe.

if you have bought a bender and are using pushfits, i would just sell the bender and use elbows!!!

or did i miss something?

You didn't miss something. I forgot to include it.

I am connecting to supply pipes which have been cut and trickle slightly so I put speedfit valves on. I have now connected to the speedfit valves to continue in copper. The 90 deg. change of direction I needed to route the pipe prompted my question.
In the end I used a solder elbow on that 90 deg bend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How close can fittings go to a bend. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
I've recently cleared a fatberg from the drain pipe underfloor and am now in the process of fitting everything back together. The cropped out pipework is easy enough; a couple of Flexseal PF56 couplings which are just the right size for the 56mm OD pipe. The boiler condensate drain I will...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
Hi everyday peeps, I need to correct a mistake in the heating system in my dad's flat which has two radiators connected with flow in at bottom and return from the same end at the top. Nothing wrong with TBSE in the right setting, but best not to have the flow and reversed messed up! Easiest...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some soil pipe/stack help please. I bought my first house end December and unfortunately had a toilet pipe blockage within a month. Place is old but was renovated in 2014 so thought it would be in decent nick! Plumber came out to rod it end January from the access hatch...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock