Discuss : How can you increase the Water Pressure ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
your water pressure can be reduced but not increased, you can get a better flow by using 22mm pipe then reducing to 15 mm just before the taps

Re: : How can you increase the Water Pressure ?

Often the problem will appear to be a pressure issue when it comes to volume or flow issue. A restriction in a line or just having a long line or under sized line could be the problem. There are many considerations; do you have enough pressure at your mains? Do you have an old furred up pipe work, perhaps lead or galv? Is your main stop open fully?
If you install a pressure gauge, you can check pressure. It should be above about 35 PSI. 35 PSI would be on the low side, but should be ok. Look at the http://www.milwaukeeplumbers123.com then look at it when the water is on full in the bathtub. If the pressure is ok until you turn on the water than it is a flow problem.

One way to over come this is to install a pressure tank and check valve. The tank will give you the flow and the check valve will keep the flow going only into the tank or house. The in-coming flow will feed your tank and house as the water is used, so the tank should last for a long time before you see a loss of pressure. I have had good results with this set up. One last thing to check is for clogged aerators at the sinks and showerheads.

simple jobs first! make sure your stopcock is fully open. some systems installed incorrectly can cause noise and vibration, this is sometimes solved by reducing the flow of water via the stopcock. Try it and see! let me know.

I know this wont answer the question but whenever I turn off a stopcock I count the number of turns and put it back exactly how I left it, the same with lockshield valves.

How can you increase the Water Pressure ?

Neco,

What kind of system is it?

If it's already an unvented system or a thermal store then as has already been said you can't increase it. However, if it's a vented gravity system then you could upgrade it to an unvented or thermal store.

Mark

Use a pump.
Raise the storage tank level.
If it's low pressure hot water supplying a shower, use a venturi shower to boost the hw pressure/flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to : How can you increase the Water Pressure ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock