Discuss How can I temporarily blank toilet soil pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, is there a way that I can temporarily blank off the WC connection to the soil pipe?

I'm trying to remove the toilet, while fitting out the suite.

Is there a way to plug the hole? I heard you can buy covers for these.

Thanks

yes,depends how much of the soil or connector is showing,

I've used a marigold kitchen glove before,makes a tight seal,but having not seen the location of your wc and if say upstairs wc's are connected to the soil pipe I would play safe and buy something more appropriate, need a photo and details of anything else discharging into the soil from above

You can pick up a bung for around ÂŁ10 expands In the hole, I stick em in a plastic bag fist to keep it clean

Hi, is there a way that I can temporarily blank off the WC connection to the soil pipe?

One of [DLMURL="http://www.wickes.co.uk/Rothenberger-Drain-Test-Plug/p/118731?CAWELAID=120135120001173926&CAGPSPN=pla&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping%20-%20Heating%20and%20Plumbing&tmcampid=&tmad=c&tmplaceref=jDT8NIuC&utm_content=sjDT8NIuC_dc|pcrid|43364569612|kword||match||plid|&gclid=CPyVu_zd4MsCFdMV0wod01sFsw"]these [/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
One of [DLMURL="http://www.wickes.co.uk/Rothenberger-Drain-Test-Plug/p/118731?CAWELAID=120135120001173926&CAGPSPN=pla&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping%20-%20Heating%20and%20Plumbing&tmcampid=&tmad=c&tmplaceref=jDT8NIuC&utm_content=sjDT8NIuC_dc|pcrid|43364569612|kword||match||plid|&gclid=CPyVu_zd4MsCFdMV0wod01sFsw"]these [/DLMURL]

Thanks that's what I'm looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy way..... take the pan connect of if there is one still fitted and fit a 4" cap end... if it's temporary leave it loose if a permanent job use solvent weld to cap off the 4" waste pipe...

Job done..

Craig.

Easy way..... take the pan connect of if there is one still fitted and fit a 4" cap end... if it's temporary leave it loose if a permanent job use solvent weld to cap off the 4" waste pipe...

Or just buy some fire alarm dust covers... works wonders lol...

Job done..

Craig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How can I temporarily blank toilet soil pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
My soil pipe on the downstairs toilet seems to be partially blocked. Now I know it can be rodded but I was thinking of another way. With the...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock