Discuss houses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Well they certainly dont make them like they use to!!!

Heating install this week and the house we worked in literally fell apart with vibration from drilling and hammering of floorboards. Had to get a decorator in to my annoyance after cust complained of cracked plaster boards from where it has be jointed and where the ceiling had been fixed cracking there . Best of it is its not even at points we have worked just vibration !
Also today trying to hang a towel rail to walls with hardly any cavity between party walls flaming mare

Also all these new build carp trying to do work on these is a shocker, i honestly dont know hoew these builders get away with such carp , anything from the 80's onwards just seems to be shocking

like i said they dont make um like they use to

i agree hammers. Good to see you kept the customer happy with the decorator tho. I hate working on anything built in the last 20 years, especially newer houses with glued down floors with i beam joists, you spend more time repairing the floor than doing the plumbing.

Give me an old stone farmhouse anyday. Working in one next week with eggcrate plaster board walls. Oh the joys.

all victorian stone n rubble walls. lined with bricks down here, pig to core though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to houses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock