Search the forum,

Discuss Hourly rate or fixed price? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingm1988

Its simple......do you charge your customer by the hour? Or do you quote them a fixed price for the job?

It would be interesting to find out how many of you guys do the former or the latter. Just leave a message saying which is your method of charging.

Don't be shy!

I normally give a price, with the thought in the back of my mind on how long the job would take and how much i would like to earn an hour.

both, depends what it is.
if i think i can charge a day rate to save customers hard earned i do as it gives me a days work ie 8 hours instes]ad of x-times£

I give estimates with a ceiling price - never yet quoted. My price depends on the job, the customer, how busy I am, etc, etc.

Price, and a clear explanation of what there getting for the money.

I have to quote a ball-park figure based on my hourly rate, but it is tallied up on time at the end of the day. I cannot give a 'fixed' price as I feel it is slitting my own throat. Can be like doing a weeks work and finding out you only get paid for 1 day . . .

This is the fairest and most honest way for me.

big jobs- fixed price eg bathroom refits etc. Smaller jobs by the hour

I do both, make can be a bit of a gamble on price sometimes quids in sometimes workin for nothing with plumbing you never know what youll come up against

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hourly rate or fixed price? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock