Discuss Hot water playing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubar1000

Gas Engineer
Afternoon all

Installed a new glow worm flexicom 18kw, pump & 3 port in October for a family member, everything was working fine until Xmas time.

Heating is pukka

But hot water is only getting luke warm (approx 47c at the nearest hot tap)

She only told me this last Friday

So popped round there today armed with a cylinder stat, after I'd changed it the boiler would only light for approx 60sec then stop's for a bit then lights back up for 60sec or so (this is with the programmer only set in hot water).

In heating mode with the room stat turned up to max the boiler stays on for as long as needed.

Can't see what else it could be????

Am I missing something????

First guess would be a restriction in the pipework going to and from the cylinder. Try the magnet trick.

I was thinking that, but what put me off was the whole system was power flushed (including the cylinder) about 18months/24months ago

power flushing can loosen lumps that fly into your system later!

's' or 'y'plan?

Sealed or open system?

Does sound like a restricted flow around the domestic circuit. Any balancing valve or the like on the cylinder circuit?

Just had a text saying all is 100% ok. Looks like it was just the cylinder stat, just needed a bit of time to heat up a whole take I think

Thanks all for the advise guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water playing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock