Search the forum,

Discuss hot water outlets fine near boiler but poor temp on farthest outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WYPSGrant

Got me a bit of a head scratcher. Hot water outlets on basin and sink taps are ok but Bath outlet is very poor. Temperature is only reasonable when tap is throttled back to nearly a dribble. Thinking thermistors and plate to plate but otherwise I'm stumped. It's a Glowworm 30 Cxi combi
Thanks Grant

If it's always been like this its will be due to the fact that the tap is allowing to much water through when fully open for the combi boiler to heat it up to temperature properly.

Hence why when you turn the tap down it can cope with the flow of water better bad heat it up more.

It's a combi boiler mate, that's about as good as it gets unfortunately. I have the same deal with my 28kw vaillant, even a 40kw boiler isn't going to give you wonderful flow rate at a bath tap :)

Do a little experiment - measure the flow rate at sink and basin hot taps, then measure at the bath tap with it throttled back till it gives a decent temperature. I'll bet you the flow rates will all be similar at similar temps. Bath taps just look like they're only giving a dribble because they are bigger.

Thanks guys but the customer had no problems in the past and the boiler has been in for about 5 years. So for it to flare up now seems strange. Ill have to check to make sure the diverter is operating correctly too. Am I right in saying that the cxi has a filter on the inlet too.

if you have hot water at the right temperaturte at some taps can you explain the logic of you decision its a boiler problem

Well Stevetheplumber I'd like to hear what you have to suggest since you haven't offered a hint of another possible cause. What's your logical explanation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot water outlets fine near boiler but poor temp on farthest outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guys Need to pick your brains if you have a moment. I attended a flat where in one bathroom the hot water on the basin had major low pressure. In the Ensuite shower it was the same issue in the hot water. All the other hot water outlets in the property had good pressure. Bath and kitchen...
Replies
Views
I recently had an eco tec plus 836 combi installed as part of an oil to gas conversion. One thing I can’t work out is why the bathroom sink hot water flow is 12-13L per minute with at 44c and even hotter. However the nearby bath freestanding tap is 8-9L per minute at this temp. Both taps...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just checking if this is right regarding water pressure and combi boiler pressure: Do hot and cold water always vary in pressure such as the following? Cold water from tap filled 1 litre jug in 2 seconds Hot water from tap filled 1 litre jug in 5 seconds Gas combi boiler pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock