Discuss hot water gravity slows to nothing in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

M

Mark OD

Hi,

My gravity fed hot water slows to nothing over 30 seconds. when tap turned off for 5 mins, tap will run again for 30 seconds etc.

I have tried the mixer tap/air lock trick about 10 times now and still not fixing.

I have drained the HW tank a little so I can inspect the 22mm out pipe at top of HW tank for scale etc: it is clear.

I do have a MagSafe but I'm guessing this is not an issue cause its on CH

I also have a shower pump, and I don't know if this could be a cause to my problem, which happens on all HW taps, upstairs and downstairs.

Thanks in advance for your advice

Mark

Definitely sounds like an airlock.
Easiest is get a wet vac on the hot to the bath and keep sucking until the hose is thrashing around like an upset snake , then pull the vac away and hee water should continue from the tap at full force. Let it run for a bit. Then shut off , wait and Ghent turn back on - it should be fine but if not just repeat for longer.

Reply to hot water gravity slows to nothing in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the...
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock