Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water comes on then off, repeat... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a combi Worchester 28i RSF boiler, it is around 15 years old.

At the moment I am noticing when the hot water is turned on, either by tap or shower, that the boiler will fire up then after 8 secs or so, then will fire down for about 8 secs, then fire up again, repeat.

Edit - DIY boiler repair info removed

Central heating works without any known issues.

Any other solutions would be very grateful.

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Any other solutions would be very grateful.

Solution 1. If you are a Gas Safe Registered engineer then send your detais to one of the forum moderators so you can gain access to the Gas Safe discussion areas.

Solution 2. If you are not a GSR engineer then employ one to fix your boiler and check it is still safe after your potentially dangerous DIY efforts.

Solution 3. There isn't any other solution that the forum rules permit.

Thanks, Chuck for your contribution.

Changing a PCB board, a thermometer and checking the thermal exchange doesn't involve the gas, because frankly, I would be a fool to touch that, also I understand it is illegal too.

I am happy to get an engineer in, but I don't want to be ripped off, with them saying, it could be this, or it could be that.

Just wanted some advice for other solutions, that was all. If this forum can't help, I understand.

The good thing is your boiler has an inner case to cover the combustion chamber, I will wait for a mod to confirm whether or not we can still give advice regarding this.

ive always found that if i change a pcb i tend to replace it with another pcb not something else, that could be your problem

Last edited by a moderator:
UKPF Rules And FAQ’s

"We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety unless you can prove you are in the industry."
Yes I fully understand the rules which is why I haven't said what the likely cause is. However the only issue with removing the boiler case without been gsr is it forms part of the combustion seal. Op's boiler has an internal combustion chamber cover so removing the main case won't disturb this and the repair technically won't involve the gas so shouldn't go against any rules. But as I said initially, i will wait for a mod to say whether or not, advice in this situation is allowed.

Thank you all for your replies. They have been all helpful in some way. Safety is paramount, obviously. But, changing a thermostat.... £8 and a screwdriver. I get charged £70 call out, plus any other charges. Not rocket science.

If it is simple job great, if not, I get in an expert. I like to understand the problem, I like to know how things work, not necessarily try and fix it myself.

Thank you.

Your staggering disregard for safety is beyond me, what do you think a pcb does?? It is the brain of the boiler. How do you know it’s now set up correctly to control things like the gas valve and fan in order to get the correct combustion.

Your sheer contempt for our non rocket science profession also leads me to think if you’re given advice you’ll probably do your own thing anyway. What makes you competent to say whether something you’re not trained in is a simple job. Very little from what I can tell from your posts.

No good engineer will guess at a fix and again I find it offensive that you think they are all out to rip you off. Are we not allowed to make a living too??

You already appear to have admitted to the modification of a gas appliance so completely illegal.

As a consequence the only advice you will get is get a recommended gas engineer out and trust them

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water comes on then off, repeat... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock