Search the forum,

Discuss hot water and central heating not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Praveen

Hello!

I have a Vailant TurboMax (VUW 242/282) boiler at our place.
Recently, I had to replace a radiator and hence had to drain the system and refill it. Since then, I have been having troubles with the hot water supply.

On refilling the system, we had good hot water supply for the first day. Subsequently, hot water worked only when the central heating was switched on (for ~ 3 days). But, now both the hot water and central heating work (for a limited time) only when the boiler is restarted.
The pump seems to work always (based on the background noise) and the water pressure is in the order of 1 bar(g).

Any suggestions on what is happening?

Thanks in advance

Make sure pump vented ok through auto vent,put up to 1.5 bar and run on heating for 5 mins,important to make sure air all out of boiler
or could be pump flow switch sticking since drained,check operation onto micro switch

Think there's a manual air bleed on top right handside of the heat exchanger, looks like a nipple with @ 10mm nut. Attach rubber U gauge tube, crack it open bleed into bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot water and central heating not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock