Discuss Hot tap in bathroom hot at first then goes cold when fully opened in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Samantha123

Hello

Ive just moved into a new flat & have noticed the hot water tap in the bathroom is fine at first but turn's cold when I open it up fully, all the other hot water taps are fine.

I'm a bit worried there might be a problem with the boiler & could get quite expensive.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks for any help

Samantha

It sounds as if the cold and the hot supplies are unbalanced. For example the cold is being fed by the mains at say 3bar and the hot is being fed by the cistern in the loft at say 2 bar. So when the cold is turned on the cold pushes the hot out of the way. (If you have a combi boiler) this can happen too.

Probably best to have a plumber look at it and give you an idea.

Have a look under the basin there could be a tmv fitted ( t shaped valve) if so this could be unbalanced and is inexpensive to sort

if you open the tap slightly does it stay hot? ie after 1 min or 2 min its still hot?

If so then the tap is creating too much flow for the combi, either live with it, as the previous householders have or change the tap, or fit a flow limiter to the inlet to the tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot tap in bathroom hot at first then goes cold when fully opened in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock