Discuss hot C/H but luke warm water.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ray316

First of all hi everyone noobie on here hoping for some help and advice if possible...
Untill yestaday l was getting hot water, l put the central heating and hot water on yestaday and the radiators got hot but the water only got luke warm.. l have a "S" Plan system with two port valves .
Anyway went to the airing cupboard and noticed l have two pipes coming out of the hot water cylinder and these were cold.. l think one of these tee's off and goes to a port valve, this pipe is cold on one end of the valve but hot on the other end .
Both valves have levers which are sloppy with no resistance:icon9: .
Anyone know what the problem could be and how l can get the hot water working again.
l'm no plumber but am pretty hands on when it come;s to D.I.Y, l've read some info on heating systems faults and l have a feeling.. (correct me if l'm wrong) that it could but a faulty motorized valve.
If this could be the fault is there anyway l can get the valve to open if it is stuck shut, they are honeywell valves and l've read some can be opened and new parts put in but these are very old valves with no dimple on the top of the box.
So if this is the fault is there anything l can do with these old valves to get them working ..
Thanks

Having read about these 2 port valves l'm quite certain this is the old type as the silver cover does not have a raised bump on the top.
So taking the actuator out without draining the system seems out of the question, but can l buy the parts for the insjde of the valve and leave the valve body in place once l drained the system as the valve is in a difficult position to get off and it would be easily to just replace the insde components..
If l can do this what will l need to get . Could do with some help here folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot C/H but luke warm water.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock