Discuss Horizontal unvented Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mmcc

Hi,
I see lots of horitontal unvented cylinders for sale from lots of different manufacturers. Thermsaver has been recommended
thermsaver horizontal unvented 305 - Google Product Search

Just looking for some feedback on this one or others have you installed them, looks pretty easy. More and more bungalow owners are asking for them in the eves spaces to save on building or using a cupboard.

Thx

never seen or installed one.

looks like a good idea for attic space - on a side note - how would you guage the maximum weight the joists in attic can hold - is there any set measurement you can work out?

370KG for 305 Litres
I'm 80KG so 4.6 of me (ever been to a party as a boy with 30 people dancing in an upstairs flat :)
You could have 4.6 of me on two flooring joists NOTE these are big flooring joists not small ceiling joists.The joist are 7inch by 2inch its an old house. I did a bit of research and have found punters with much heavier fish tanks in upstairs rooms.

On a more scientific note the builder thinks a single joist can hold circa one tonne and the cradle spreads the load over a span of three, keep close to load bearing walls, don't put mid span to avoid stress.

If you go in to any many houses you will see vertical varients of 300L on a much smaller footprint in cupboards

If you want to you could of course speak to a strutural engineer which will cost.

yeah was just wondering as its an interesting bit of kit but i know builders and customers i work for would question me on the weight - so one joist is said to hold 1 tonne? so three would hold 3 tonne seems a lot that. but i suppose i could tell them to see a structural engineer to clarify position.

stress safety level normaly has a factor of two so if its 500KG you need a load bearing of 1000Kg.
Fish tak threads are very interesting reading one it points out most flooring joists will carry a weight of 500 liters of water accoring to what i have read up on.
how large an aquarium can my floor support

Structural engineer is proabably a good bet though and as I say you see loads of 300L vertical cylinders upstairs in cupboards spanning only two joists, no issues. New houses in th eloft is a different story not 7 x 2 old sturdy joist up there.

Still keen to know how other got on with horizontal Cylinders, cant see any issues. I will go for the horizontal I'm sure its good kit as i say many including megaflow build these cylinders now.

Steve,
Agreed on your point.

Back to original point of the post have you installed one of the horizontal unvented? Many on the market so I'm sure they are fine just wanted a hear from someone who has done it and has one running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Horizontal unvented Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock