Discuss Homecare in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

york

I have British Gas Homecare for 2 houses I rent out. The tenants at both are complaining about the number of times the boiler has broken down. It does seem excessive. Also it seems to take several visits to fix one problem. I've asked for a full list of all callouts for both properties and attached it. Please can you give me you opinion on these? It would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Property1.png
    Property1.png
    28 KB · Views: 81
  • Property 2 part A.png
    Property 2 part A.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Property 2 part B.png
    Property 2 part B.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 54
Wow Landlords gas inspection 16mins, no flies on them. BG engineers just want to be in & out as fast as possible they have a quota to keep. As for the repairs well if they don't get it right the first time who cares just maybe the next guy can get it right!!! Not.

looks like a glow worm !

half on that list is 'fluff' about half a dozen proper jobs imo...

British Gas will turn up and do the bare minimum to cover the fault and move on.
Have you had the system maintained, updated or improved any point? As BG will not do this they just fix faults and move on.
I find the heating systems in rented properties are often lacking attention and as such have far more failings than homeowners do. That and the fact tenants class everything as a fault when often it can be sorted in house.

That's just wrong half of them jobs they caused

Cleaned plate

Plate leaking tighten bolts

Plate leaking replaced washers

Ffs

The 16 mins is actually the time to do a tightness test and complete certificate, the service is a separate job.

Thanks for your replies. To answer IND-Nick. I haven't had the system updated or improved. The both boilers are only about 5 years old. So I wasn't expecting to need any improvements yet. That's why I'm so disappointed at the number of faults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Homecare in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or area by the water tank has started making a loud groaning noise whenever hot water has been running...
Replies
Views
Could someone take a look at this for me please? Just had a boiler put in our property on a grant scheme. The boiler is great other than him not...
Replies
Views
Having just moved into a property and discovering the central heating not functioning, after 3 months we eventually was able to get the property...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm currently in the process of buying a house and received a gas safety certificate for the property dating back to May. On the report it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock