Discuss Hob working pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoggy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all doing a landlords cert on hob in place, it's a shop put all 5 burners on and getting 24mb at meter not got the adapter to check on hob it's self I no it's 21 plus minus 2 so should I get Transco out,it goes off the meter in 22mm then into 28mm strangely for about 6 meters then back to. 22mm for a meter then ends with 2 meter of 15mm. Any advice appreciated dont do that much with hobs and don't want to shut the shop from cooking if I'm bring over the top. Cheers Martyn.

I guess, whoever it was run out of 22 on the day and had to put 28 in to keep the shop going. Looks like the governor is out. Make sure your ticket covers the set up. Yes, Martyn, it is for the gas transporter to sort it out.

Last edited:
get the grid to sort out the high working pressure and then gas rate the hob.

Personally I would not bother doing anything about 1 MB over the standard WP as long as all else looks good.

Hi all doing a landlords cert on hob in place, it's a shop put all 5 burners on and getting 24mb at meter not got the adapter to check on hob it's self I no it's 21 plus minus 2 so should I get Transco out,it goes off the meter in 22mm then into 28mm strangely for about 6 meters then back to. 22mm for a meter then ends with 2 meter of 15mm. Any advice appreciated dont do that much with hobs and don't want to shut the shop from cooking if I'm bring over the top. Cheers Martyn.
1mbar,working pressure at meter a little over but not a concern if gas rate on hob worked out ok, you did gas rate hob when unable to test working pressure at hob.?

The smaller tube to fit onto hob to get working pressure at the appliance. Gas rated at 13.4kw with 5 burners on

The smaller tube to fit onto hob to get working pressure at the appliance. Gas rated at 13.4kw with 5 burners on
wow, throwing out some big btu's,we are talking about a cooker.right,if gas rate was there abouts,no probs in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hob working pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock