Discuss Hive vs Opentherm energy savings in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, we've recently moved into a home with a Hive thermostat (no hub) and an old regular boiler. We are looking to replace the regular boiler with a combi (probably Ideal Vogue) as we are mainly interested in reducing our large energy bill. We are also considering adding TRVs to avoid heating the whole house when I'm working from home in the office.

However as I understand it, the Hive is not compatible with Opentherm. Is there any real saving when using a cheap Opentherm solution such as Wiser compared to keeping a non-Opentherm Hive?

Reply to Hive vs Opentherm energy savings in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
I am over 60 so qualify a reduced rate of VAT (5%) when certain energy-saving products are installed in your home. Tax on shopping and services -...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I 'think' I've found a cheap solution to fulfilling all of my family's heat automation needs using Terrier i30 TRVs (eTRVs that have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Afternoon all After getting to a point where i am almost ready for my new boiler system to be fitted. I am going for either a Viessmann or...
Replies
Views
Hi, Since having some house renovations 2 years ago, which included adding two extra rads, replacing others and re-plumbing the boiler , I have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock