Search the forum,

Discuss Hilti Tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Just got one of their cordless drill/drivers and a cordless screwdriver delivered today, both 22V. Was a bit hesitant to buy Hilti because of the price but initial impressions are good. With the screwdriver, I was screwing on a plasterboard bath panel to the frame behind today. The first screw I ended up putting 3 holes in the panel as the screwdriver was so good and quick I kept thinking I was missing the frame behind. It runs screws into timber as though it was plasterboard.

The drill has no problem drilling small holes in red brick walls. Very quick again. Batteries on both tools seem to last ages and they both use the same batteries.

Best tools I have ever bought and from the weight and feel of them I get the impression they will last a very long time. What I am saying is if you are sitting on the fence with Hilti, don't - get in there and buy them. They are brill tools.

https://www.hilti.co.uk/2063875 - Screwdriver
https://www.hilti.co.uk/2063877 - Impact Drill/Driver

£345, you big spender, good gear though :)

I'm hoping they last at least twice as long as my Dewalt one, i.e. 4 years. Then it will have been worth it. A bit of a leap of faith. The mini-screwdriver saved me from wasting 2 hours today correcting a small mistake on the framing of the bath panel that without it I would have had to remove the tiles I had put on and the plasterboard and adjust the framing to do.

Am a convert!

If you want to buy a corded tool thats going to be abused i would get a hilti.

i have a hilti breaker, tis a beast

hilti bits for drilling concrete or brick are the best too.

I agree, im now working in town than middle of nowheres/villages. My personal tools are all makita and eats brick for breakfast, went to stone houses and just struggles like crazy.

Got hilti set from company and drilled stone no problem. Also that breaker king billy is unreal! Chasing concrete floors for heating pipes absolute abuses the concrete :)

Croft, dont be afraid to get onto your local rep when you have a big job on and say you want to try the needed tool out as you're looking to buy or replace said type of tool and already have afew hiltis. Half the time they will oblige!!

their wall chaser and dust extraction systems great ive been told by sparks

I should be doing another rewire shortly and I've already got to know the rep. I am going to borrow one for that job. Don't think I am rich enough to afford it yet but I will take a look for free!

Croft, dont be afraid to get onto your local rep when you have a big job on and say you want to try the needed tool out as you're looking to buy or replace said type of tool and already have afew hiltis. Half the time they will oblige!!

their wall chaser and dust extraction systems great ive been told by sparks

Just used one of the chasers which went to a depth of 40mm.....when used with the extractor, worked really well and could still breath and see what i was doing......a grand is quite an outlay for a plumber who will use it once in a while tho and thats just for the chaser.

Just used one of the chasers which went to a depth of 40mm.....when used with the extractor, worked really well and could still breath and see what i was doing......a grand is quite an outlay for a plumber who will use it once in a while tho and thats just for the chaser.

HI TT. How close to the ceiling/floor can you get with their wall chaser when doing a vertical chase? I do quite a few rewires so to be honest I would be tempted once my current one packs up. My lungs are worth more than £1,000 to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hilti Tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock