Search the forum,

Discuss Hilmor bender query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barney 911

Is it me or am I been stupid the angle marks on the bender 22.5 45 90 they don't really seem to line up well with anything particularly the 90 for instance if I bend a 90 and put the mark to the centre of the pipe it's not 90 the angles just look like they don't line up. I was looking at this guide at the bottom I no it's only a picture but shouldn't they look more like that? Sorry for a stupid question new to bending.http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/Pipe Bending (BillP).pdf
tom

Over pull the bend by 5%. The copper will spring back. Check your 90s by lining them up with a known 90 (such as a wall or a doorway). You will get used to how far you need to pull the bend on your benders.

As my wife says, give it a good pull, if that aint enough give it another pull, works everytime.

I always thought those marks were the start of the bend? I never really use them anyway just do most bending by eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hilmor bender query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyday peeps, I need to correct a mistake in the heating system in my dad's flat which has two radiators connected with flow in at bottom and return from the same end at the top. Nothing wrong with TBSE in the right setting, but best not to have the flow and reversed messed up! Easiest...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am new to the forum and certainly not a plumber so please forgive me if my questions are particularly stupid. 1) I am renovating a house and the heating system has been removed to be replaced from scratch. To reduce costs I am attempting to do the first fix myself. The plan is to send...
Replies
Views
I'm a Worcester man. Hello! Anyone still there?.... I tried viessmann to up the efficiency and altho the boiler was nice, I couldn't live with their stupid vicare stat and lack of control and I'm a big believer in matched controls. I like the Worcester easycontrol (in essence) and the ability to...
Replies
Views
N
Hi I've had a new bathroom plumbed and an en suite in the room next door. All new plumbing to the outside sewer along one wall, plumber had free reign on making it work as there were a couple of obstacles - a chimney breast in the bathroom that the toilets are in front of and an RSJ over a...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I was hoping to get some advice on my DIY drain surveillance after suspecting our sewer pipe is the cause of some damp issues we're having (damp wall adjacent to downpipe). I bought a cheap inspection camera so excuse the bad camera angles but think I caught the problem? - the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock