Discuss High gas usage for boiler. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

185kwh x 365 days is 67525kwh. Is that a normal Amount? Maybe I have unrealistic views? Id checked online and it seemed to suggest around 10-15000 was average to high for a 4 bed house.
My annual gas consumption is 26,000 kW hr (twice the national average), which is for a relatively poorly insulated five bed + three reception rooms house, most of which has to be kept at 21°C 24/7 because a family member is infirm and has to be kept warm.

Nope sorry to say no smoking gun

My annual gas consumption is 26,000 kW hr (twice the national average), which is for a relatively poorly insulated five bed + three reception rooms house, most of which has to be kept at 21°C 24/7 because a family member is infirm and has to be kept warm.
So I would say we’re probably similar in setup. 5 bed 3 reception room (open plan) and always at 21

Im not sure if the house would be classed as poorly insulated though? Has full cavity wall insulation - had a loft conversion done to regs with double layer of super foil over the whole thing.

The only part that needs attention is the front door a currently wood - that’s being replaced next week!

But pretty much all of that has been the same for the past 10 years! And only the last 2 has seen the increase.

I know it might sound weird but is / does it have cavity wall as a few new builds have been reported as having hollow spots etc

Would you mind just recapping briefly
What exactly has changed apart from energy consumption in the past few years re your control system.

Would you mind just recapping briefly
What exactly has changed apart from energy consumption in the past few years re your control system.

The only thing I can remember being changed was the meter. I don’t remember the change in the bills happening straight away though. The smart meter always used to show £3-4 a day total for gas and electricity.

Tado has always been in since we moved in. I added digital TRV’s after the issue to try and help.

The meter seemed to check out OK from all our calculations, I still think the key to the answer might be hidden somewhere here IF CH usage can be reasonably ruled out?

Somethings not adding up now anyway Steve. (maybe good)
You used 1257kwh of gas, apparently for HW heating. This equates to 43.4kwh/day for that 29day billing period. This equals to 36.9kwh/day at a boiler efficiency of 85%.
Assuming cold water at 12C heated to 60C, Litres of hot water = 36.9*860/(60-12), 661Litres.
This would equate to 1133 LPD at 40C.
Your actual water usage for both May and June was 460LPD for each month so ????.

Don't know how they came up with a estimated gas usage of 60550kwh/annum

That's why I posted this again, its pretty obvious that DHW usage couldn't account for the difference and as I said IF CH can reasonably be ruled out then ???. If one assumed DHW @ 200 litres/day at 60C = 12kwh so 31kwh unaccounted for. I still have a suspicion that the boiler was enabled and firing on its own stat which wouldn't take long to dissipate that 31kwh especially if that ABV was/is passing.

Reply to High gas usage for boiler. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone. I'm back! It's been a year since my original post and I still haven't managed to resolve the mysterious water usage in my home...
Replies
Views
MrsL6795
M
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock