Discuss High gas usage for boiler. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Dumb can be the smartest in the end as long as you don't need room temp control to the nearest 0.1 or 0.2C.
So that was tados opinion - and the reason we made it so that only downstairs can call for heat. The others TRV’s are just set so that the rooms are not too hot.

I found when we knocked the bedrooms down lower (or turned them off during the day) - the downstairs zone was working harder/longer - I presume trying to bring the whole house up to temp - without the radiators in bedrooms etc helping!

Where is the stat placed ?

Yes - bedrooms - bathrooms are 20/21 - but they can’t call for heat. They just make sure the rooms do not go over 20/21

Why not use normal trvs are they connected to a hub ?

Why not use normal trvs are they connected to a hub ?
I put them in because originally - when I was trying to get ontop of the high gas usage - I programmed them to be off all day in the bedrooms and upstairs - as we obviously were not using them. But when I realised it didn’t affect the gas usage - and if anything the house felt colder and was struggling to heat - I just turned them back into dumb TRV’s basically.

And if you turn heating off but turn let’s say upstairs bedroom with a tado trv in on the boiler doesn’t fire ? Might be worth a test

I suppose, at the end of the day, if one is keeping the whole house including bathrooms at 21C then one one can expect high energy demand, I consume ~ 15,000kwh (oil) per annum but if I heated my whole house to 21C I would expect ~ 22,000kwh

I suppose, at the end of the day, if one is keeping the whole house including bathrooms at 21C then one one can expect high energy demand, I consume ~ 15,000kwh (oil) per annum but if I heated my whole house to 21C I would expect ~ 22,000kwh
Id probably be happy with 22000!!! 😀

Thanks for all your helps Guys! I sense we’re running out of road and I just need to accept my house now takes a lot more to heat!

Global warming? (Manchester is global cooling I think!)

Just one last question if I can - is there anything in the boiler that - if it wasn’t working properly could be causing it to run/burn more than it should? taking the view that 3 services have all found the basics to be ok (eg the oxygen/gas mix etc)

Reply to High gas usage for boiler. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone. I'm back! It's been a year since my original post and I still haven't managed to resolve the mysterious water usage in my home...
Replies
Views
MrsL6795
M
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock