Discuss High gas usage for boiler. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Unless there was and the op didn’t notice ?
Let’s say I didn’t notice (very possible) - and the heating was on. It wouldn’t be higher than 21 degrees as the TRV’s and thermostats would have controller it) and with the hotter weather outside - it shouldn’t have taken much time keep the house at that temperature. So it still wouldn’t really explain?

And there not conflicting with each other eg trvs shut down but stat still calling ?

Let’s say I didn’t notice (very possible) - and the heating was on. It wouldn’t be higher than 21 degrees as the TRV’s and thermostats would have controller it) and with the hotter weather outside - it shouldn’t have taken much time keep the house at that temperature. So it still wouldn’t really explain?

Depends what time you have it set for off ?

It might be worth converting the system back to a dumb one for a month and see the usage as Jan and feb are normally similar

I would expect a "normal" house to need ~ 5/6 kwr/hr to keep it at 21C so 17.5hras @ 6 = 105kwh/day, i heat mine over the last few days 16 hr days for ~ 75/90kwh BUT my (4) bedrooms are kept at 16/18C, all downstairs kept at 21/22C.

Plus hot water at around 30kwh ish as depending on usage

Depends what time you have it set for off ?
And there not conflicting with each other eg trvs shut down but stat still calling ?

Heating always goes off at 9

It’s possible - although I’ve tested time and time again with the downstairs stat. Pushing to 25 degrees and the ch valve opens - putting it to 5 degrees - it closes. I’ve never seen it not do it! But it’s possible it malfunctioned - but I guess the questions is:

The house was 17.9 degrees at 6am this morning before the heating came on. It was set to 21 degrees and we were in all day. It used 185kwh to try and keep it at 21 degrees. If that’s to get expected - then your view of “I just use more gas” could be right?

4E5684CE-67D3-45A8-90CC-14CD9DF77DDC.png

Dumb can be the smartest in the end as long as you don't need room temp control to the nearest 0.1 or 0.2C.

That I think is the problem each room has its own stat that’s opening and shutting prob 1-2 degrees and firing the boiler up for maybe 5 mins each time

Reply to High gas usage for boiler. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone. I'm back! It's been a year since my original post and I still haven't managed to resolve the mysterious water usage in my home...
Replies
Views
MrsL6795
M
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock