Discuss High gas usage for boiler. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Only thing I can think is the tado is trying to heat the rooms often instead of a central room stat coming on once maybe twice an hour the tado is bring it on every 2-5 mins as the room temp fluctuates / drops

185x365 67k kWh so seems in the realm of correct

So, what tells the boiler to start when there is a call for DHW in high summer or anytime for that matter when all TRVs are shut?.
Tado had a schedule that tells the boiler when to be on. Before I used to have it on 24x7, but after our chats it’s now just 2 hours a day.

When tado tells the hot water to be “on” - the tank stat is then monitored and when the water drops below its Temp - it fires the boiler and Opens the valve.

Only thing I can think is the tado is trying to heat the rooms often instead of a central room stat coming on once maybe twice an hour the tado is bring it on every 2-5 mins as the room temp fluctuates / drops

185x365 67k kWh so seems in the realm of correct
185kwh x 365 days is 67525kwh. Is that a normal Amount? Maybe I have unrealistic views? Id checked online and it seemed to suggest around 10-15000 was average to high for a 4 bed house.

185kwh x 365 days is 67525kwh. Is that a normal Amount? Maybe I have unrealistic views? Id checked online and it seemed to suggest around 10-15000 was average to high for a 4 bed house.

Depends how long you have the heating on/ your system

That figure will be for a dumb system eg central stat

Tado had a schedule that tells the boiler when to be on. Before I used to have it on 24x7, but after our chats it’s now just 2 hours a day.

When tado tells the hot water to be “on” - the tank stat is then monitored and when the water drops below its Temp - it fires the boiler and Opens the valve.
So once again back to square one with that huge usage last summer with no logical reason as there was no demand for CH.

185kwh/17.5 heating hours is 10.6kwh/hr so one would expect to see very high room temperatures?

If the boiler is running at 24kw tho due to the flow being enough for high fire

So once again back to square one with that huge usage last summer with no logical reason as there was no demand for CH.

Unless there was and the op didn’t notice ?

Depends how long you have the heating on/ your system

That figure will be for a dumb system eg central stat
We sort of do have a central stat. There is only one stat that’s downstairs that can call for heat. It’s set to 21 degrees and is on from 6-9pm. The rest of the house is basically just TRV’s (the external thermostat just makes the TRV’s more efficient by sensing the temperature in the room - rather than the temperature on the TRV itself)

Reply to High gas usage for boiler. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone. I'm back! It's been a year since my original post and I still haven't managed to resolve the mysterious water usage in my home...
Replies
Views
MrsL6795
M
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock