Discuss High gas usage for boiler. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Not sure if anyone can give any ideas - but
I’ve got a Worcester Bosch junior 24i system boiler.

For the past 10 years I’ve lived In the house - the average usage of gas has been about 10,000kwh. For the past 2 years my average has been 58000kwh. (Boiler is the only gas appliance in the house!)

It’s Regularly serviced. And from the 3 plumbers I’ve had look at it - they’ve all said - it’s just colder than normal so usage has gone up!

Anyone got any ideas? Is that an increase others are seeing?

SG

You are either using it a lot more than before or there is a problem with the meter or you have a gas leak. How long is heating on for is it a combi or do you have a cylinder

Hi!

we’ve always had tado installed

It’s a system boiler with unvented cylinder

When we were away, I turned everything off - and gas usage was 0 - which I presume pretty much rules out a leak?

Is there any way to prove the gas meter theory?

Steve

Hi!

When we were away, I turned everything off - and gas usage was 0 - which I presume pretty much rules out a leak?

Steve
Other than having it tested, by gas supplier not sure

Yes also seen them when they don’t register how is the meter record (for billing) inputted eg do you do it online or does your supplier

Hi!

Steve
580000kwh/annum = 159kwh/day, doesn't make any sense as this is the winter/summer average.
Can you see the units/decimal places on your meter, depending on what you find, if you can then get your boiler to fire flat out (24kw) for say 5 or even 2 minutes then will soon see if a meter problem.

I think your Worcester bosch junior 24i system boiler is not getting the proper gas supply that's why your boiler not working properly. The heating output is 24Kw is ideal for any property with around 15 radiators.

Please share the pics so that I can help you more efficiently. If your boiler comes under the brand warranty then please contact customer care.

The second option will be you can take advice from the professional rooter and plumbing service provider near your area. Because the boiler system needs an engineer to fix it.

The boiler is no longer under warranty sadly

We’ve had a number of gas safe engineers to check and service it - so I’d hope they would have confirmed the gas? Would that be part of a service?

What should I take pics of?

If the usage is actually ~ 10,000kwh/annum and not 58,000kwh/annum and if a boiler problem then it must be running at around 15% efficiency, (10/58*85%), scarcely believable?, the easiest/obvious first port of call IMO is to monitor the meter readings over a few minutes while running the boiler at its 24kw output.

Reply to High gas usage for boiler. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone. I'm back! It's been a year since my original post and I still haven't managed to resolve the mysterious water usage in my home...
Replies
Views
MrsL6795
M
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock