Discuss High gas bill - Vaillant 637 - UFH and Alu Rads - Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Following a full refurbishment of an house and a new build rear extension we had a brand new heating system installed. Give you an idea of what it is:

• Vaillant 637 system boiler
  • 300l Water tank
  • Wet UFH (floor area 15x4m) in new rear extension (family area, kitchen and dining) - used all day (1 zone). Unknown but calculated by SOLFEX from what I recall seeing by the heating engineer at the time.
  • Existing Downstairs, existing upstairs each with own zone (2 zones).
  • 5 bedrooms (1 guest so hardly used), 3 bathrooms.
  • 17 Aluminium radiators in total 25Kw in output excluding UFH (i don't the KW what this actually is)
  • Honeywell Evohome with Y87 wall stats in each zone
1 year in and our gas bill seem very high, much more than anticipated. Approx. 45,000Kw used.

I've been many forums over the past week or so and it does seem that my usage is much higher than standard (18Kw-20Kw).

The past week I've also been monitoring evohome and I can see that the UFH once up to heat even in this cold weather spell (-1 degree) it maintains a lovely 19 degrees all through the day with just the odd call every couple of hours for a bit of heat (10% or so) and switches back down to 17 through the night (i can see that it does'nt drop lower than 17.5 through the night using some logging software so no heat demand).

The downstairs zone (non UFH - 9 radiators - approx 14KW - downstairs includes bedroom 5 and ensuite) seems to be running most of the day to maintain a temp of 19.5 degrees. I've witness it "cycling" every 10 minutes or so throughout the day.

This morning, i've changed the D00 setting to 24KW, previously it was set to 37KW and see if that makes any difference.

I also took the following readings if it helps:
Flow temperature is: 75C
Return temperature is: 65C

Should I just wait and monitor our smart meter over the next couple days and see if it as any impact??

I've noticed that the max reading on smart meter shows is 22.84Kw since I've made the change to D00, however it goes down only as low to 6.8Kw.

Any other advice??? Is this to be expected??? Oversized boiler???

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Smart Meter readings for month of Jan as follows: 1st jan: 4220 and 31st 4936. 716m3 of gas...converted to KW: 8074.

My energy supplier is Tonik and Positively Green v20 tarif. 2.9p/Kw and 22.37p standard charge.

Hi,

Smart Meter readings for month of Jan as follows: 1st jan: 4220 and 31st 4936. 716m3 of gas...converted to KW: 8074.

My energy supplier is Tonik and Positively Green v20 tarif. 2.9p/Kw and 22.37p standard charge.
how many people , and a building lifestyle is handy.
ie how many carpet rats ..wrinklies ..etc like me. ..
do you all leave the building
5 days a week or run a home office...see what I mean ?
centralheatking

Three adult and 2 young children.
Occupied downstairs throughout the day. However, from 10-4pm we turn down the standard downstairs heating (radiators) to 19degrees. The extension area is where we spend most of the day (kitchen,dining room and family room) and this is heated by the wet UFH at constant 19.5degress from 6am to 8pm which takes an 2.5 hours in the morning to get the desired temp but then maintains it easily throughout the day into the evening with only a couple of times for gentle heat call.

Three adult and 2 young children.
Occupied downstairs throughout the day. However, from 10-4pm we turn down the standard downstairs heating (radiators) to 19degrees. The extension area is where we spend most of the day (kitchen,dining room and family room) and this is heated by the wet UFH at constant 19.5degress from 6am to 8pm which takes an 2.5 hours in the morning to get the desired temp but then maintains it easily throughout the day into the evening with only a couple of times for gentle heat call.
ok ...wow ...so ur system is never off essentially . later We will go over it ..you must be loaded ..but hey
centralheatking

Reply to High gas bill - Vaillant 637 - UFH and Alu Rads - Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an 20yrs heat only potterton 50e boiler with 196x old house - suspended floor - designer radiators, open vent system and hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi - please help me. I think our UFH is installed incorrectly. Please see pictures (if anyone needs more images I can take them)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently had the Vaillant weather comp VRC720f and VR71 fitted to my hot water tank, radiator circuit and UFH downstairs (run via...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock